Notice of 43rd Annual General Meeting
NOTICE OF 2019 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given of the 43rd Annual General Meeting of members of the Winston Hills Little Athletics Centre.
DATE & TIME
Monday, 29/4/2019 The WHLAC Annual General Meeting will commence at 7.30pm
Winston Hills Sports Club meeting room, Gooden Reserve, cnr Gooden Drv & Kanili Ave, Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153
The Business of the Annual General Meeting includes:
- confirmation of the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting ;
- confirmation of the minutes of the previous Special General Meeting on 9th March 2019
- receipt of accounts and reports from the 2018/19 Committee and auditors on the activities of the Centre during the previous twelve months;
- conduct of an election for the positions of Treasurer, and Secretary together with members of the General Committee for the 2019/2020 season;
- appointment of a suitably qualified auditor for the 2019/2020 season;
- Special Business. The following Special Resolutions will be put:
- That Sara Welsby be endorsed as a Life Member of Winston Hills Little Athletics Centre
- That Fiona Selmes be endorsed as a Life Member of Winston Hills Little Athletics Centre
- That Karen Cochrane be endorsed as a Life Member of Winston Hills Little Athletics Centre
- That Emily Jordan be endorsed as a Life Member of Winston Hills Little Athletics Centre
Executive Office Bearers
In accordance with the Centre Constitution and Regulations, an election for the following Executive positions is to be conducted at this AGM:
These positions carry a term of two years. Executive members are expected to attend all Committee meetings and fulfil the responsibilities associated with those roles pursuant to the Constitution
In accordance with the Centre Constitution and Regulations, an election for members of the General Committee is to be conducted at this AGM. Adult members of the Centre wishing to take part in the decision-making process of the Centre may nominate as members of the General Committee. These members have full voting rights and are expected to attend all Committee meetings. These positions are for a single year, until the following AGM. Details of Committee Positions can be found in the WHLAC Rule and Regulations document https://www.whlac.org.au/whlac_inc_regulations-ver3-feb-2019-2//
Nominations for the stated Executive Office Bearers and other members of the Committee are to be made on the nomination form provided and should be received by the Secretary on or before Monday 22nd April. Nominations must be sent to:
The Secretary, Winston Hills Little Athletics Centre, PO Box 108, Winston Hills NSW 2153
or e-mailed to:
Items of General Business you wish to put forward for discussion must also be received by the Centre Secretary, at the above address by Monday 1st April, 2019. As per the Constitution, General Business will not be accepted from the floor at the AGM. In accordance with the Constitution, there is no proxy voting permitted. No items of business will be accepted from the floor at the Annual General Meeting.
The agenda for this Annual General Meeting, reports of the 2018/19 Committee, minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting and all items of business received will be posted on the Centre’s website at https://www.whlac.org.au/about-us/annual-general-meeting/, with additional copies available at the meeting. If you are unable to access any of the documents on the Centre website, please contact the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0404199640 to arrange a copy to be sent to you.
We hope you will be able to join us for the meeting, integral to the ongoing success of our Centre.